French Navy - Chalk Paint
This was derived from the fine embroidery being produced in England between 1200-1300 called Opus Anglicanum. Woad, famously linked with the blue face of Boudicca and the Iceni tribe, was used to produce a range of blue dyes for the threads used.
Works well with: Crystal, Pearl, Buckingham, Pebble, Dove, Mulberry, Old Lace.
- Coverage: 19.5m2/L
- Shelf Life: 24 months from delivery
- Compatibility: Wood, Metal, Plastic, Stone, Leather, Fabric
- Drying/Recoat time: 30 - 60 minutes
Tools to help you create the best finish:
- Staalmeester 2020 Pro-Hybrid Brush - this is a great all-round brush
- Staalmeester 3600 Natural Bristle Brush - our favourite wax brush, also good for when you want to paint with lots of texture
- Clear wax or dark wax to seal the paint, alternatively you could make your own coloured wax as shown in this tutorial
- Extreme Lacquer - available in matt, satin or gloss, this lacquer is exterior grade and extra hard-wearing for when a wax might not provide enough protection
- Premium Lint-Free White Rags - for wiping off excess wax