Moonstone - Chalk Paint
This enchanting colour was inspired by moonstone gems from Sri Lanka. Its striking blue colour shimmers against an almost transparent background and has throughout the ages been surrounded by mystique and magic. These sensual stones were popular around the Art Nouveau period, particularly in jewellery made by the French Master Jeweller René Lalique.
Works well with: Crystal, French Navy, Victorian Black.
- Coverage: 19.5m2/L
- Shelf Life: 24 months from delivery
- Compatibility: Wood, Metal, Plastic, Stone, Leather, Fabric
- Drying/Recoat time: 30 - 60 minutes
Tools to help you create the best finish:
- Staalmeester 2020 Pro-Hybrid Brush - this is a great all-round brush
- Staalmeester 3600 Natural Bristle Brush - our favourite wax brush, also good for when you want to paint with lots of texture
- Clear wax or dark wax to seal the paint, alternatively you could make your own coloured wax as shown in this tutorial
- Extreme Lacquer - available in matt, satin or gloss, this lacquer is exterior grade and extra hard-wearing for when a wax might not provide enough protection
- Premium Lint-Free White Rags - for wiping off excess wax