Sea Green Drawers with Silver Detailing
This solid set of drawers from our antique collection, has been hand-painted with a 'Sea Green' effect and finished with silver detailing.
Painted every which way in Casper chalk paint to create texture using the Staalmeester 2020 pro-hybrid brush in size 18. Once dry, a Nightfall glaze was created using gloss lacquer, nightfall chalk paint, and water. This was then brushed on in every direction. The same technique was then used with an Esmeralde glaze. As glazes do not fully seal chalk paint due to the water that has been added to the lacquer, two coats of gloss lacquer were painted on using the flat brush. As a finishing step, French silver gilding wax was applied to the edges using our fingers.
- Casper Chalk Paint
- Nightfall Chalk Paint
- EsmeraldeChalk Paint
- Extreme Gloss Lacquer
- Staalmeester 2020-18 Pro-Hybrid Brush
- Flat 2 inch Synthetic Brush
- Silver French Gilding Wax
- Premium Lint-Free White Rags
Video How-To Guides and Resources:
- How to create a glaze with Vintro Paint NZ
- Our handles were painted with Vintro Metallic Silver using this Vintro Paint NZ technique
Delivery: please get in touch for a quote or we can arrange pick-up in our Mt Eden store.